About MBT Infosys: What are they into –
MBT Infosys is a company based out of Kolkata, India is a distributor of computer hardware, spares and peripheral devices.
Constraints Faced by them:
- MBT Infosys was using a legacy application for their accounting and inventory management and moved to Tally.ERP9
- In their legacy application they had various reports and MIS available, which were not available in Tally
- Due to unavailability of reports, they were not able to manage their operations, which led to various inefficiencies in driving sales and collection.
- Inventory level tracking and identification of slow and dead stock was also a major concern for the business.
- Being in the distribution business, they needed to ensure that sales are driven to customer based on average order history, credit compliance and demand. With no reports available for past performance this was becoming difficult.
Solution by EasyReports:
- EasyReports BI was selected by MBT Infosys to generate the MIS which was previously available in their legacy application
- The EasyReports consulting team also suggested some additional reports that would be helpful for their business
- Tally customization was undertaken to block back dated billing, advanced voucher level security, and salesperson, manager, area, agent tracking
- We delivered the following key reports for their MIS purpose:
- Agent Wise Sales Report
- Area wise, Region wise Sales Report
- Active/Inactive customers
- Bounced Cheque Analysis
- Credit Analysis
- Stock Ageing Report
- Agent Wise Outstanding
- Customer Weighted Average Payment Days
- Sales Register Report
- Sales Register with all Customers
- Debtors Ageing Analysis
- Missed Out Customer
Benefits after Implementing EasyReports:
- EasyReports BI ensured that without any effort the information from Tally was available in the BI
- With the help of EasyReports BI, the management started getting all reports and information on demand leading to better decision making. It also eliminated manual work for the accounts department.
- EasyReports BI also solved the problem of Tally running slow during report generation since it does not actively consume Tally resources while reports are run or getting generated.